Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Don't Use the F Word

I can swear a blue streak if I am good and angry about something. I apologize in advance should anyone be in ear shot when I am on a roll and so steamed up the effenheimer may escape. No, that is not the F word I am referring to now. I'm talking about the F word as in fall, the season that follows summer.  I love fall, don't get me wrong, with cool nights and warm sweaters, apple picking and hay rides in pumpkin patches. However, this year, I am longing for a bit more summer. Maybe it is because we took vacation so late, and now there is only two weeks left, I feel like summer past me by. We are normally are second or third week of July vacationers, just after soccer season ends, and before fall sports, and then all of August left. It could be because I'm used to August at the lake, celebrating a slew of August birthdays, and picking up corn at the farm we pass on the way. With no cabin to go to, and all the weekends before being work weekends, there have been no lazy days of summer, except for the two days I snuck up there in June with DD2 and friends.

Two days ago I was of the mind set, "There's two full weeks of summer left-yeah!" This has turned to, "Crap, there's only two weeks left of summer." My evening laziness hasn't helped. Getting caught up at work means I have had no physical, and more importantly no mental down time during the day. I came home Monday and Tuesday night exhausted and binged watched tv on my computer, in between running DD places. I've still got stuff sitting in my suit cases. It started raining last night and is still raining hard this morning. The house feels damp and sticky and needs a very good top to bottom cleaning, as well as efforts to get all the rubbish out of the basement to get the new floors in, bathroom fixed up, and fireplace back in working order. Still, I want to squeeze a few more nights sipping a cold one on a patio or deck, grilling food and eating outdoors or packing food and heading to somewhere with water, if only for an afternoon.

Fortunately, I have these two weeks of work, but begin September with a four day weekend, plenty of time to mix work with a good day devoted to a summer pursuit. I may have to hide my computer from sight each night though. Netflix calls me like a siren to a sailor. 



Maybe a good give away win will be the jump start to fall I need. Here's a couple on right now. If you are running any drawings, feel free to leave a link in the comment section. 

Sluggy is working her magic at Don't Read This, It's Boring. Click the blog name to get to her drawing for a whole host of goodies. Be sure to read a few more posts, and watch her video on latest shopping deals-and do not mess with her and taxes. 

I'm still collecting survey responses on topics of interest and other bits of information to help me launch my new site, Sam and Coffee. Copy the survey link into your browser, or click here. One responder will win a $25 Amazon gift card. It is not a sponsored give away. i;m going with Amazon becasue of the universality of access.

6 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of fall. But I guess it is better than winter. I have often thought that I'm not someone to be living in the north. I think I have the heart of a southerner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like four seasons but wish summer was 6 months!

      Delete
  2. You inspired me today to keep summer going and to do an extra summery window display at the charity shop, rather than heading into the next season! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Please do. We are far from apples, pumpkins, and colored leaves. Let's see some sand buckets and shovels, and cute little t-shirt dresses.

      Delete
  3. I love love fall, but I want more summer also! Football starts in 1 week and then it is over. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good things end but for sonera reason this summer sort of passed me by-at least in my head. Fall is soon here, no denying it.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.